Pages

Sunday 10 July 2011

First post ever!

I don't really know where to start! I won't bore you too much (whoever you are...) because I've made a thank you card which I'd love to share! Anyway, I'm a 20 year old girl called Rebecca who studies English Language and Literature at Birmingham University. I live in London with my family during the uni holidays, and I love making cards for my family, friends, and especially for my boyfriend (he's probably sick of all the cards I make for him!). I also enjoy cross stitching, but I don't cross stitch as much as I'd like to... maybe that can be a mid-year's resolution. Anyway, on to the first card of the first post of my blog!

This card is a Thank You card to my boyfriend which I made yesterday, because he buys me lots of lovely things and always surprises me! It is a C6 white card blank, which I stuck white spotted Dovecraft paper on to (which was a 12"x12" sheet), and used Walnut Stain Distress Ink on the edges using my blender tool which I think makes the paper look more grungey! I glued a dark blue embossed frame in the middle and using sticky foam squares I glued the chipboard sentiment in the middle of the frame to give the card more dimension. The chipboard was a brighter green so I used the Walnut Stain Distress Ink again on my blender tool and just smudged the ink on the surface to make it darker so it matches the paper better. Then finally I used small domes of Black Diamond Stickles on each corner of the frame to just finish the card off. And voila! It's a very simple card, but the colours make it quite masculine. The paper and the chipboard are also kind of circus themed!

Well I hope I didn't waffle on too much, and I hope you liked the card! Please leave me a comment if you have any suggestions :).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment me, I'll leave a comment on your blog too!