Pages

Saturday 19 November 2011

An itch to craft!

*blows dust off blog* Hello everyone! It's been such a long time since I last posted, but I've been really busy with university work :(. Now I'm in my final year the work is really building up so my focus is on that, but recently I've made a couple of cards and it's great because it helps me de-stress! And for my birthday I treated myself to some new paper and stamps!

Here's my first card I have to show you....


The Distress Inks I used were: Broken China for the background, and Brushed Corduroy and Tea Dye for the 'steam punk' stamps tucked under the frame. I also smudged Brushed Corduroy onto the white frame to highlight it.

I am entering this card into the following challenges:

Make It Monday - Anything Goes
Crafts and Me - Keep it Simple

My second card I have to show you is a Christmas card! Only the second I've made so far but I have plenty of time *hmm*

I made this card using an Enchanted Christmas (by papermania) decoupage Christmas fairy, matching backing paper, sentiment and sticker border. The border and blue backing paper is sparkly already, but I used my Icicle Stickles on the fairy's wings, around the sentiment and on the top of the Christmas tree because you can never have too much sparkle!

I am entering this card into the following challenges:

Creatalicious Challenges - Christmas with Sparkles
Crimbo Crackers - Make it Sparkle
Sweet Stamps - Non Traditional Christmas Colours
Paper Pretties - Non Traditional Christmas Colours

Thank you for looking, and I hope everyone is having a lovely weekend! I need to catch up with replying to comments so I'll be doing that later while watching X Factor! I look forward to seeing everyone else's creations x


9 comments:

  1. This is beautiful! Thank you so much for joining us at MIM! To win this week's fabulous prize, just leave a comment for another entry and mention you saw them on MIM. The more comments left, the greater your chance of winning! Good luck!
    Rene :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such an elegant and beautiful card. Thank you for joining our Sweet Stamps challenge. I hope you will try our stamps some time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beyond amazing. Your card is a feast for the eyes. Thanks for joining on the Sweet Stamps blog for our challenge.
    ~Jeannie
    Sweet Stamps DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. You never have enough sparkle! I just love this beautiful design and image is amazing.
    Thank you for sharing with us this week at
    Sweet Stamps Challenge
    Have a sweet week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hiya Rebecca, nice to see you in blogland!

    And with such stunning projects too! Love the beautiful colours and all the fab sparkle.

    Many thanks for sharing with us at Creatalicious. Hope you can find time to de-stress once in a while.

    Warm hugs
    Maarit

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW Your card's are simply gorgeous!!! Thanks so much for sharing your beautiful work with us at Crafts and Me :-)
    Lots of Hugs
    Karen
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh wow Rebecca these are simply gorgeous...fabulous colours in both...thanks for joining in with the Crafts & Me challenge this week
    Mina xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Two beautiful card Rebecca,lovely images and colours...
    Mandy x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment me, I'll leave a comment on your blog too!